NOTE: We will accept applications through October 22nd and notify candidates that will be advanced to the next stage of the interview process the week of 10/25.
Impact Washington, headquartered in Bothell, Washington is a nonprofit, mission-oriented consultancy sales organization, providing high performance business and technical assistance to Washington’s small to mid-sized manufacturers. This is an exciting time as the industry is growing in Washington and Impact Washington services are needed to help manufacturers meet their growth targets.
We are looking for an Account Executive / Project Manager: King County who will provide world class consulting to manufactures in the Puget Sound Region. This position will report to the Director of Business Development and will have no direct reports.
- Participate in industry sector associations and events to generate leads, cultivate partnerships and gain referrals to achieve sales goals
- Develop referrals and referral sales through existing accounts and client contacts
- Use Impact Washington sales processes and best practices to generate business, manage delivery and collect client impacts,
- Attend team meetings and training sessions to build capabilities
- Communicate a strategic vision to Manufacturing decision makers accompanied by innovative service proposals to show Impact Washington has the solutions to resolve client problems
- Create strategies to provide an improvement and growth roadmap for proactive accounts
- Establish a reputation as a trusted advisor
- Set and manage client expectations to assure high customer value
- Collaborate with internal team members, managers, delivery partners and clients
- Embrace Impact Washington’s team norms
- Document client activity in Impact Washington’s Client Relationship Management System (e.g., Salesforce/Financial Force)
- Understand how to sell partnership funding programs to eligible clients
- Build teamwork and develop strong communication among team members
- Develop quarterly plan to achieve goals for clients surveyed, client impact and satisfaction
- Provide client support for Impact Washington partnership activities (e.g. support for funding proposals, participation on panels, etc.)
- Participate in industry events to promote the Impact Washington brand (e.g., Manufacturing Day).
Other duties as assigned
- Achievement of individual sales goals
- Manage and deliver solutions with both IW and contractor resources
- Develop and maintain a consistent pipeline of opportunities. The Account Executive / Project Manager: Puget Sound Region position is accountable for business development, sales, client relationship building, designing client solutions and project management, along with achieving client satisfaction and impact goals. Position goals will be established based on IW requirements and employee capabilities. To support overall performance the position is also accountable for;
- Nurturing “C” level client relationships while demonstrating project impact to generate repeat business to achieve sales goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, Engineering, Science, Management or Manufacturing discipline. A Master’s degree in business is preferred.
- Demonstrated success at selling and/or delivering consultancy services to manufacturers.
- Desire minimum 5 years as a Manager in Consultative Sales
- Experience in developing relationships at the “C” level
- Proven experience in building trust, credibility and long-term relationships with clients
- Experience in solution selling, root cause analysis, planning and directing consultants, and marketing.
- Experience in working with high levels of regulatory compliance
- Understand manufacturing, industry trends, and associated business issues
- Assess manufacturing client challenges and growth opportunities
- Write effective consulting services proposals
- Sell based on value proposition rather than price
- Discover personal and corporate change drivers
- Understand budgeting and corporate decision-making process
- Establish and manage customer expectations
- Manage a diverse portfolio of large and micro-sized manufacturing clients
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Attend regular meetings at Bothell HQ and other Washington state partner offices and events
- Travel within the territory and as needed around the state
Impact Washington offers competitive salaries, 100% premium paid health/dental/vision insurance for employee and dependents, up to 5% match of base salary (dollar-to-dollar retirement savings plan), a flexible work schedule, and generous paid time off and holidays.
About Impact Washington:
Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation in 1997, Impact Washington is an integral part of Washington’s statewide manufacturing strategy, as it seeks to transform the factory floor and beyond to build a positive sustainable impact on businesses, the workforce and the community. As a representative of the MEP National Network™, one of 51 independent but collaborating Manufacturing Extension Partnership centers nationwide, Impact Washington can bring integrated and standardized services and training to the manufacturing community that benefit from industry driven processes and practices. Partnering with state stakeholders as well as economic development organizations across the state, Impact Washington brings its expertise to a wide variety of Washington manufacturing companies, with services designed to meet each company’s most critical needs. Impact Washington’s consulting practice is guided by the principles and methods that underlie the Toyota Production System and are commonly known as lean.
At Impact Washington, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our community to flourish. Impact Washington is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or Veteran status.