Sales Development Representative
We are looking for a friendly, well-spoken Sales Development Representative (SDR) to assist our company in expanding our manufacturing customer base.
As an SDR at Impact Washington, you get the opportunity to lead the initial response and outreach to prospects working in conjunction with Marketing team initiatives. In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce Impact Washington’s value. You will be responsible for generating potential leads, soliciting potential customers, facilitating sales, and connecting potential clients with the correct Account Executive.
As a successful Sales Development Representative, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. You should also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow as well as executing outbound prospecting initiatives.
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.)
- Respond to and qualify inquiries (leads) generated from advertisement, website, partner referral programs, etc.
- Move leads through the sales funnel, connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging meetings, emails, or phone calls with appropriate regional Account Executive
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and mass marketing messages to drive opportunities and potential new business.
- Participate in high-level discovery conversations in existing target accounts to generate potential additional service/opportunities.
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Conduct follow-ups (email or phone calls) with potential clients who express interest but who are not yet ready to move forward on a project.
- Present Impact Washington to potential clients via on-line meetings, trade shows, events, etc. to engage with potential clients to identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings.
- Monitor and report on prospecting activity and results.
- Stay up to date with new services and products
Individual should be excited by the prospect of working with cross-functionally teams. You'll have exposure to different departments like Marketing, Sales, Product and Finance, etc. which will help you determine your career path at Impact Washington.
Must Have Requirements
- 2+ years’ work experience in a professional environment
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging messages and presentations
Nice to Have Requirements
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, team working, and customer service skills.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Passionate about being a part of Impact Washington Missions and supporting manufacturing in Washington State.
- A Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. This position will remain open until August 16th.
- Selected candidates will be invited to scheduled screening call with hiring manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to a first video interview with Sales,
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with a regional leader
- Following successful interviews, candidates will then be invited to complete a final writing assessment
- Candidates will then be invited to an interview with Center Director
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via phone or video
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents submitted in Word format (.doc or .docx) are highly preferred. Qualifying resumes will be reviewed and candidates will be notified as to the next step in the process