Direct and oversee Impact Washington’s sales policies, objectives and initiatives. Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current sales programs. Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
Support and further develop a culture of respect, trust, honesty, and devotion to the entire Impact Washington team and the manufacturing clients.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience, team and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of sales team. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
- Collaborate with Impact Washington leadership team to establish and execute a sales goal for the state and each territory
- Collaborate with Impact Washington leadership team to establish and execute a sales compensation program
- Manage a sales team to maximize sales revenue and meet or exceed corporate-set goals
- Work closely with Marketing, implement marketing strategies; and analyzing trends and results.
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training
- Maintain sales staff work results by measuring counseling and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring, and coaching.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Assisting sales personnel in their techniques
- Educating sales team with presentations of strategies, seminars and regular meetings
- Meet with team one-on-one on a regular basis to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Ensure that team uses sales technologies, such as a CRM, correctly.
- Participate reporting Sales status at Board of Directors when required.
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices.
Sales Manager Qualifications/Skills
- Strong solution selling skills
- CRM and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Creating and implementing a sales plan
- Meeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analyzing sales data and territory market coverage
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Develop impact “Score” targets for account executives
- Mentoring and coaching account executives
- Understanding federal funding and state grant funding
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents submitted in Word format (.doc or .docx) are highly preferred. Qualifying resumes will be reviewed and candidates will be notified as to the next step in the process.