People Systems Kaizen
USE KAIZEN TO BUILD YOUR TEAM AND EMPOWER YOUR PEOPLE TO CREATE SOLUTIONS AT A FASTER PACE
The foundational ingredient for a performance excellence-focused organization is respect for its people and building an organizational culture that operates on that principle.
Our People Systems Kaizen establishes powerful techniques that emphasize building rather than "buying" your talent and creating an environment that encourages employee retention and alignment with your company goals and objectives.
Download Service One-Sheet
FIND THE GAPS AND SOLVE ISSUES QUICKLY
With the people side of your business as the focus, a People Systems Kaizen can address your urgent manufacturing talent gaps and deliver a systematic approach to hiring, onboarding, training, and developing your workforce to become a high-performance team more effectively and rapidly.
We'll customize each Kaizen event to focus on your most urgent need - engaging and developing your employees, training, and upskilling your staff better and faster, or establishing a sound workforce solutions system to attract and retain employees.
Investing in your systems and culture will improve the chances that your business investments and efforts in productivity and process improvement will stick.
OUTCOMES OF THE PEOPLE SYSTEMS KAIZEN APPROACH:
- 50-90% less time to train and upskill employees to proficiency
- 25% non-value-added work reduction
- 25-50% less turnover
- 30%+ larger hiring pool
- Higher labor efficiency and a more flexible workforce
- Streamlined recruiting, training and promoting processes
People Systems Kaizen attendees include human resource managers, leaders, supervisors, leads and those who are or will be responsible for training and leading others.
A core team will be formed to spearhead career path development and improvement. Customized People Systems Kaizen Approach:
KAIZEN 1: DEVELOP AND TRAIN FOR EFFICIENCY
In this Kaizen, the focus will be on structured Training Within the Industry Job Instruction (TWI JI) that features job training methods to train your employees better and upskill them faster to stabilize your processes and achieve standard work.
Key Elements Involve:
- The core team will learn the TWI JI method and how to develop job task analysis, and job breakdowns, create illustrated work instructions, train others, and determine a protocol for ongoing training implementation.
- Data will be gathered on your current state in training, scrap, and rework. Other relevant metrics will be used to illustrate the time and cost reductions achieved using the structured OJT approach.
- Follow-up coaching and assistance will be available as your core team develops proficiency to train to Standard Work and Illustrated Work instructions.
KAIZEN 2: ATTRACT, ONBOARD AND RETAIN
This “hands-on” Kaizen focuses on intentionally developing a training and development culture, effectively attracting, and onboarding new talent, and expanding your available labor pools.
Your organization will learn how to maximize new and incumbent employee performance by creating clear development paths and improved communication on their value to your company’s mission. You'll also learn to orient and indoctrinate new employees into your company effectively.
In addition, this Kaizen focuses on building leadership skills in existing leaders while developing a workplace environment where everyone can contribute to company goals. By developing your supervisor and leads roles as formal leaders and coaches, your organization and your people will better align toward a joint mission, vision, and values.
Key Elements Involve:
- Analyzing current state hiring, training and development culture
Examining and improving methods for reaching hiring pools, recruitment strategies, more attractive and positive job descriptions and advertisement, and soft skills development
- Training Within Industry (TWI) Job Relations and Leader Standard Work-based methods will promote good management and communication skills.
- Supervisory and leader standard work development will be emphasized.
- A systemic onboarding strategy will define first week/first month/second month/90-day/6-month/9-month/1-year plans to effectively win and retain new employees.
KAIZEN 3: DEVELOP CAREER PATHS, EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATION AND ENGAGEMENT
In this “hands-on” Kaizen, the focus will be on creating or enhancing logical career paths and progression, linking employee development paths to company career ladders, and building a compensation and performance management strategy that maximizes employee contributions while rewarding participation and performance.
This Kaizen will also emphasize equipping participants to organize and direct their improvement efforts, drawing on TWI Job Methods or Kata improvement disciplines.
Key Elements Involve:
- Creating career paths and ladders
- Establishing leader standard work on performance management
- Coaching and leading problem-solving and improvement efforts
- Supervisory and leader standard work development