Manufacturer PROJECT Recovery Assistance
Updated September 2021: All Funding is Closed
ABOUT THE FUNDS:
Impact Washington is inviting Washington based US Small-and medium-sized manufacturers (SME's) to apply for CARES Act Recovery Assistance funds. These funds provide services that directly support a manufacturer's ability to recover from the coronavirus.
Since March, Impact Washington has mobilized its Manufacturing Network to respond to the needs of Washington manufacturers through the COVID-19 pandemic. As Washington's trusted resource for a thriving manufacturing industry, we are committed to assisting small and medium-sized manufacturers (SMMs) across the State. We are here to help with technical assistance, training, and consulting services to help manufacturers survive, restart, and prosper beyond today's challenges.
The available funds are awarded through the Emergency Appropriations for Coronavirus Health Response and Agency Operations as authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Through a formal Request for Applications, Impact Washington applied to the NIST MEP Emergency Assistance Program for a portion of the nearly $50 million allocated. We were awarded $1.2 million in Recovery Funds.
FUNDING REQUEST PROCESS:
- Funds available for use again, beginning 4/1/21 and ending 9/24/21.
- Prior COVID-19 Business Assessment completed, or completion of new Business Evaluation required. (Request your Business Evaluation Here)
- Funding on a 50%-50% match basis up to $4000 (max $8000 project at 50-50, projects can be larger, but grant portion capped at $4000).
Analyzing the Impact
Impact Washington will walk you through a no-cost Business Recovery Assessment to identify what factors are the greatest threats to your business operations. It could be anything from a finical, workforce, or supply chain impact. We considered each area separately to understand the business impact and restore your operations.
The business assessment will help you to
- Discover insights into where your team is or isn't aligned
- Provide operational prioritization of areas to focus your resources
- Provide a foundation to a Recovery Plan
Types of Projects
We work with you to craft a Recovery Plan tailored to fit your most immediate needs. The Manufacturing Recovery Assistance Program is available to support investments in a wide range of manufacturing activities. Some specific project areas could include:
- A Lean Kaizen to improve a process affected by staffing or business changes due to COVID-19.
- A workplace safety and food safety gap analysis – or have a consultant assist with improving an existing program.
- Get internal audit support for growth strategies like implementing/maintaining ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO14001 or SQF.
- Improve your supervisory and workforce skills with a Training Within Industry (TWI) project.
- Complete an automation assessment to prioritize and plan for advanced technology investments.
- Train your team on Lean, KATA, Problem Solving or root cause analysis skills.
- Develop a marketing or sales plan to support your strategic goals.
Manufacturing Sectors/Areas Covered
Applicants include manufacturers, producers and value-add processors in sectors such as agriculture, food and beverage, seafood processing, aerospace products and parts, wood and paper products, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing, maritime, clean technology and more. If you are unsure if your organization qualifies, please reach out, and we will work with you to determine your classification.
There are specific requirements for recipients of the Impact Washington Recovery Assistance Funds. We will work closely with you to determine whether you are eligible to receive funds. In addition to reviewing organizational eligibility, Impact Washington may consider other factors relating to the applicant's ability to responsibly use funds as outlined by the CARES Act and to carry out the project.
The opportunity to attain support will remain open until funding is no longer available. The amount of funding available to each manufacturer depends on its size and project scope.
There is no formal application process– your facility’s inquiry into getting the funds starts with a no-cost Recovery Assessment. For more information about the Assessment and receiving Recovery Assistance
contact us here