Impact Washington and Washington State Department of Ecology have partnered to offer customized Lean and Green Programs to Washington manufacturers.
DOWNLOAD LEAN/GREEN Program ONE-SHEET Learn About W.A.S.T.E Programs
Find Your Competitive Edge with Lean and Green Operations
By using lean practices and environmental methods to decrease operating costs and reduce pollutants, this program can improve your productivity and enhance the competitiveness of your business.
How Lean and Green Will Benefit Your Company:
- Reduce operating costs
- Increase production efficiency
- Reduce regulatory costs and risks
- Improve worker morale, health and safety
- Improve your public image
We Customize Services Based On Your Needs:
- Provide manufacturing training, consulting, and implementation assistance
- Conduct value stream assessments for improved quality and operating efficiency
- Facilitate process flow and implementation events, tools, trainings, and services
- Compline reports summarizing accomplishments in cost and pollutant reductions
- Collaborate to produce your success story for wider distribution
Several companies have participated in our programs and jointly saved over $2 million. See what the team from AccraFab has to say about working with the lean experts from Impact Washington and ecology experts from Washington Department of Ecology.
Based on results from previous projects, your return on investment is anticipated to be 2:1 to 3:1 or more in the first year.
Our Expectations of You:
- Consulting fees (50% to 80% off the market price).
- Senior management commitment
- Some staff time
Lean and Green Program FAQ’s
What is Lean and Green assistance?
Simply put, Lean/Green manufacturers have more streamlined operations with
less impact on the environment. Customers look for products and services that incorporate both economic and environmental sustainability. Does your business fit the description?
Environmental impacts are wasted materials and energy. Lean/Green projects improve operational efficiency while reducing overall impact on the environment. Make your business safer, more productive, and competitive with the Lean/Green program.
What funding assistance is available?
For facilities that use, release, or throw away certain toxic chemicals, an Ecology grant can cover up to 50%-80% (up to $24k) of the project consulting fees (depending on the potential environmental savings).
What time commitment is required from my company?
Small projects can be done quickly. Larger projects may last up to 3-4 months and usually involve a time commitment of one week per month for selected staff.
How does the selection process work?
Companies are reviewed based on senior management commitment to project implementation and the potential for significant and measurable pollution and cost reductions.
Washington Department of Ecology Contact: Hugh O’Neill