ENGAGE AND EMPOWER YOUR TEAM TO ADOPT AN IMPROVEMENT-CENTRIC MINDSET
Coined by Lean guru Mike Rother, Toyota Kata is a proven daily management practice that shows US companies how to emulate the Japanese automotive manufacturer’s laser focus on continuous improvement.
Download Workshop One-Sheet
THIS SCIENTIFIC AND HIGHLY EFFECTIVE CONCEPT CAN HELP YOU BUILD A SUSTAINABLE LEAN CULTURE.
By definition, “Kata” means a way of doing - in other words, a systematic routine or pattern you practice consistently to learn a skill and mindset. Through repeated practice, a kata becomes second nature - done with little conscious attention - and an ongoing habit that can be tapped into immediately. Examples include typing, riding a bicycle or driving a car.
In a professional sense, once mastered, Kata can be readily applied to make the ongoing improvements your business needs to maximize process efficiencies and profits while engaging your customers and employees.
You’ll see individual mindsets shift as your workforce becomes more efficient and aligned with your company vision, goals and culture
DEVELOP YOUR EMPLOYEES’ ABILITIES TO MAXIMIZE IMPROVEMENTS THROUGH TOYOTA KATA PROBLEM-SOLVING METHODS
Implementing the Kata method helps advance your company’s strategic direction by:
- Implementing a “daily driven” culture that encourages rapid response to meet dynamic marketplace demands
- Developing your people through the Coaching Kata
- Establishing a clear understanding of current industry and economic conditions
- Defining short-term target conditions
- Improving process efficiencies
- Increasing your ability to effectively communicate your organizational vision and strategy
- Driving sustainable results
- Boosting employee engagement
BUILD A CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT CULTURE
Kata is a deliberate, powerful problem-solving approach that will help your company achieve its productivity and business goals.
Our Daily Management Workshop/Kaizen will help your leaders begin practicing daily improvements using the Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata methods. Incorporating structured coaching, the workshop will establish a daily improvement cycle centered around experiments against natural organizational obstacles.
The training begins with an overview and learning through simulated problem solving; we then move to real challenges.
THE TOYOTA KATA METHOD IS BASED ON FOUR STEPS OF IMPROVEMENT:
- Understand the Direction - What are we trying to do?
- Understand the Current Condition - What is happening now?
- Establish the next Target Condition - What do we want to happen?
- PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle) Toward the Target Condition - Step-by-step process to get there
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS WILL BETTER UNDERSTAND:
- How Toyota Kata can be used to learn and solve your workplace challenges
- The four steps of improving a processThe critical questions for developing your people’s improvement skills
- How Toyota Kata works to:
- Build a culture that inherently drives improvement
- Establish competence and clarity throughout the organization
PARTICIPANTS WILL PRACTICE:
- Analyzing processes and establishing targets for improvement
- Rapid cycles of learning and improvement
- Coaching a cycle of improvement