Best Practices, Training, and Implementation of NIST 800-171 Controls. Cohort curriculum designed to Create CMMC Level 2 Awareness
Commitment Needed By: May 1, 2022
Training: August 2022 - May 2023
Download One-Sheet Here
As the Washington affiliate of NIST MEP (Manufacturing Extension Program), Impact Washington is an extension of NIST and a trusted advisor to deliver cybersecurity consulting to small and medium-sized manufacturers. Impact Washington is partnering with Seattle Colleges to provide this opportunity
Who should apply:
- Manufacturers looking to reduce risk and improve Cybersecurity infrastructure and hygiene.
- Manufacturers in the Department of Defense and Government supply chains.
- Any manufacturer that handles sensitive information.
Why it's important:
NIST SP 800-171 compliance must be met by anyone who processes, stores, or transmits potentially sensitive information (CUI) for the DoD, GSA, NASA, and other federal or state agencies.
Training models and time commitments:
- Shared consortium training (170 hours)
- Direct application to each company's cybersecurity ecosystem (50 hours)
- Awareness training for your entire company
- Homework (50 hours)
- Understanding of NIST 800-171 cybersecurity best practices
- Implementation in your company's ecosystem
- CMMC Level 2 awareness
Cost: $2,500 per attendee, payable upon signing Letter of Intent. It's suggested that 2 attendees participate. Letter of Intent form provided by Seattle Colleges.
Advisor/Trainer: Cyberstreams CMMC-AB Registered Practitioner Chris Wiggins
For information contact: Nick Wilkes | 801.884.9242 |