It’s hard to see opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction when you’re focused on running a business day-to-day. Break out of your usual routine, use new tools, and see your operations from a new perspective. The Lean and Green Project Support Program is online and helps you learn new skills, find low-cost opportunities to reduce utility bills and environmental impacts, and increase profits.
You will use simple continuous improvement tools to uncover opportunities and inefficiencies in your facility that fall outside of traditional approaches. You can also get help navigating regulatory and permitting issues. Results will lead to:
- Pollution prevention.
- Energy reduction.
- Improved worker morale and engagement.
- Improved public and customer image
- Reduced operating costs.
- Improved process efficiency.
Lean and Green Program Details:
The program offers two tiers of support that address W.A.S.T.E. (Water, Air, Solid Waste, Toxics, Energy). Ecology or Impact Washington can help you select the right project for your company.
- W.A.S.T.E. Walk: Designed for smaller companies and involves less time (4 hours of class and 12 hours of coaching, plus time on your own to work on your project).
- W.A.S.T.E. Project: Designed for larger companies with dedicated resources for environmental or process improvement initiatives (10 hours of class and 40 hours of coaching, plus time on your own to work on your project).
Additional program details can be found here
Lean and Green Program Dates:
W.A.S.T.E. Walk: Begins August 30, 2022 - November 10, 2022 (sessions are once every two weeks).
W.A.S.T.E. Project: Begins September 13, 2022 - March 9, 2023 (sessions are weekly, minus a few breaks over major holiday periods)
Receive a Lean and Green certificate from the Washington State Department of Ecology upon completing the program and project.
Fill out the interest form to participate.
Brion Hurley, Program Lead and Coach: A Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with Business Performance Improvement. He spent 18 years in the aerospace industry and has spent the past 10 years working on sustainability projects to reduce private sector energy and environmental impacts and improve nonprofit operations.
For more information, contact us here