Northwest food startups are invited to mix it up Trailmix 2020.
This event creates awareness for food entrepreneurs and startups and gives them networking opportunities with industry leaders, investors, and other companies. The overall winner of the event receives a cash prize of $20,000, in-store retail placement at Albertsons, and more.
Trailmix 2020 will be held completely remotely giving more companies an opportunity to digitally showcase their product. The final pitch, keynote address, and panel discussion will be completely digital via a remote web-based platform.
Trailmix is part of Boise Startup Week. Boise Startup Week is Idaho’s largest community-driven, entrepreneur-focused event and is open to all startups in the Northwest area to:
- Celebrate the food startup ecosystem
- Take at least one food startup from farmers market to supermarket
- Help startups scale and prepare them for placement on Albertsons shelves
- Showcase new and innovative food-based startups in the region
- Foster the food startup community – sharing best practices and lessons learned
- Provided food startups with business support needed to succeed
- Tell the story of amazing food entrepreneurs in our region
Trailmix 2019 demonstrated that even a buggy startup such as Orchestra Provisions of tiny Salmon, Idaho could garner the top prize. Orchestra produces a line of gourmet seasonings with a base ingredient of crickets.
The deadline to apply for Trailmix 2020 is Monday, September 7th by 5:00 pm MST.
Trailmix is presented by Albertsons in partnership with the Food Track of Boise Startup Week.