How to Effectively Attract and Retain Talent
Today's talent market is more chaotic and competitive than ever. With the "Great Resignation," employers have seen people leave their jobs in large numbers. Manufacturers across the country report a shortage of qualified workers. The market and societal forces behind these challenges are likely long-term and can't be ignored. Your company needs fresh ideas to attract and retain talent effectively.
Do you need help with the following?
- Uncovering novel approaches and sources for finding talent
- Learning how to write an effective job posting
- Learning new ways of communicating with the emerging workforce
- Discovering the importance of keeping a pulse on your firm’s organizational health
- Understanding how to develop career paths that attract and satisfy a diverse workforce
In our April 21st webinar, listeners heard realistic steps to give any company a competitive advantage when hiring the right people.
They were also given market insights to inform recruitment and retention strategies and get practical tools that any manufacturing company can practice.
Additional learnings include:
- Why do some employees stay while others leave
- What matters to your current staff and potential employees
- What you can implement today at zero cost to your company
- Which best practices will help your firm in the current labor market
- How to consider work-life balance issues that matter most to employees
View Recorded Webinar Here
Webinar presented by MEP National Network™
The MEP National Network is a unique public-private partnership that delivers comprehensive, proven solutions to U.S. manufacturers, fueling growth and advancing U.S. manufacturing. Focused on helping small and medium-sized manufacturers generate business results and thrive in today's technology-driven economy, the MEP National Network comprises the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), the 51 MEP Centers located in all 50 states, and Puerto Rico, and over 1,300 trusted advisors and experts at more than 400 MEP service locations, providing any U.S. manufacturer with access to resources they need to succeed. Impact Washington is the Washington state affiliate for the MEP Network.
In Fiscal Year (FY) 2021, the MEP Network interacted with 34,307 manufacturers. According to clients surveyed in FY 2021, the MEP National Network helped manufacturers achieve $14.4.0 billion in sales, $1.5 billion in cost savings, $5.2 billion in new client investments, and helped create and retain 125,726 U.S. manufacturing jobs. View the National Impact Data PDF for more information about NIST MEP, the National Network, and client impacts.